Mar. 05, 2018
Chicago Bears needs for the 2017 NFL Draft
With one game left in the regular season and the Bears clearly out of the postseason. Fans have something to look forward to, the draft. Here are the top positions the Bears need to draft:
5. Offensive Line- So far the only Bear to take every snap is Charles Leno, Charles Leno... The worst starting O-Lineman the Bears have, and with Kyle Long and Josh Sitton being injury prone all season. The Bears will look to draft an O-Lineman.
4. Tight End- Zach Miller over the past year or so has emerged as the starting tight end for the Bears, but with factors like age and injury the Bears might want to move away from him.
3. Cornerback- Tracy Porter, Bryce Callahan and Cre'Von Leblanc are the top three corners on the Bears. Nothing impressive, right? Tracy Porter is probably the best playmaker on the defense, but is also very inconsistent. The Bears will look to improve at cornerback.
2. Safety- You look at dominant safetys in this league. Landon Collins, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry. They're the playmakers on their team that make an impact from day one. The Bears will get an early draft pick and I believe Jamal Adams (the top safety in the draft) will be available at their pick.
1. Quarterback- This year the Bears top three QB's got injured and are now on IR. (Jay Cutler, Bryan Hoyer and Conner Shaw.) The biggest question of the Bears offseason is if Jay Cutler will return next year or not. With no guranteed money for Cutler after this season the Bears can just simply let go of him. Matt Barkley is a free agent this year, and I dont believe he has proved enough to be named the starting quarterback for next year. It's going to be hard for Ryan Pace to pass up on Mitch Trubisky is he is available at their pick.