Feb. 28, 2017
Dwayne Schrader Is Officially Fighting Again
Image Courtesy of Klerksdorp Fight Night.
Dwayne Schrader took a last minute fight at Battle of the Warriors 2 last year, held by his promotion Free State Fight League. At that time, Schrader had been out of action for a year and half and had technically retired from MMA. This year, Schrader took another fight at KFN where he lost to Tiaan Swart.
The athlete has taken another fight on the first of April in Port Elizabeth and he has confirmed that he is back fighting and is training at Pitbull Dojo. The athlete said that he is now working on building his amateur MMA record and will be taking more fights. Schrader also said that he has played around with the idea of one day going pro, despite his age.
“After discovering that Simon Harle has gone pro at age 40, this has definitely crossed my mind, but for now I will be focusing on building my amateur MMA record to apply for my pro license,” said Schrader. “At age 35, I have to work harder than a 20 year old and the recovery may take a bit longer but to go pro is definitely in my prospects.”
Details of his upcoming fight in PE are still to be confirmed.
Email us on